Each seminar participant will be officially appointed by the university as a Visiting Scholar. Seminar participants will therefore have full access to all University facilities—the internet system, all libraries and available databases needed for research (Alderman Library is the main academic library), athletic facilities (for a modest fee of $30 per week payable at the athletics business office just down the street from where you'll get your university ID card), and dining halls (see "CAMPUS DINING" below for hours and locations). Rental bicycles will be available on campus through Ubike.
We will maintain an active correspondence with the selected participants to facilitate their trip to Charlottesville and make their stay productive and pleasant at the same time, including of course opening and closing dinners at the director’s home and other social activities.
CAMPUS DINING (see hours here)
- Observatory Hill Dining Room just above where you'll get your university ID card
- Einstein Bros. Bagels at the U.Va. bookstore
- Alderman Cafe in the main library
- Poolside Cafe in the Aquatic & Fitness Center
- Starbucks in Nau Hall just across the street from our classroom
- Subway and Five Guys Burgers & Fries at the Pavilion XI food court in Newcombe Hall right next door to the bookstore and Alderman Library